Fedup F17 --> F20

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 08:31:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 16:36:13 -0800 (PST)
JUSTIN TAYLOR <justay at swbell.net> wrote:

> Well, I wasn't able to find an F18 ISO (guess I wasn't asking Google
> nicely enough).

Complete:
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/18/
to find your arch *.iso

 So, I tried a yum upgrade to F18.

How? yum update, yum upgrade, yum  upgrade --releasever=18 distro-sync

 Everything looked
> OK until I rebooted.  It gets to the blue bar that moves across the
> bottom (it says Fedora 18).  Then my PC reboots.  Normally, I would
> boot into recovery mode using the disk, but here I don't have one.
>
> Any ideas how to diagnose/fix this?

You need to remove the eye candy to see,
as it happens anything pertinent.

1: Hit TAB # While kernel list is on screen
2: Hit "e" to edit highlighted kernel line, remove "rhgb" and "quiet"
3: Hit F10 # to continue boot.

___
Regards,
Frank