Convert a pdf

Charlie Brune fedora at bruneworld.com
Sun Jan 26 15:51:51 UTC 2014

On 01/25/2014 04:48 AM, Roger wrote:
> Hello
> I have several very lengthy pdf documents which I need to adjust.
> I need to remove the first 30-50 pages of cruft and the last 5-20
> pages and several middle pages then save the altered document either
> as pdf or something else.
> Can this be done with convert or is there another suitable tool in
> Fedora 19?
>
> Thanks for any pointers
> Roger

I have used this technique.  It offers an alternative to the pdftk tool
mentioned in other posts.

Example:
     Original file is fred.pdf
     Target file is wilma.pdf
     We will extract pages 8 and 9

     pdftops fred.pdf - | psselect -p8-9 | ps2pdf14 - wilma.pdf

I don't know if this is easier or harder than doing the same thing with
pdftk.

Charlie