RPM build error

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 19:53:12 UTC 2014

On 25.01.2014 02:25, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> Thanks very much! How does one create a source rpm? Anyway, this was
> really my personal copy? How does one serve a source rpm, or for that
> matter, sign a rpm?

"If you are creating and distributing RPMs, one thing you may want to
consider providing digital signatures for the RPMs. Providing such a
digital signature for an RPM will allow users, no matter where their
copy of the RPM originated, to verify that you are it’s creator. Not
only can they perform such verification, they can do it without
requiring any intervention on your behalf." [1]

Although it's your personal copy, if you offer to others,
it's without doubt a good practice, to sign it. ;)

RPM Guide - Edition 0
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/RPM_Guide/index.html
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html-single/RPM_Guide/index.html
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/pdf/RPM_Guide/Fedora_Draft_Documentation-0.1-RPM_Guide-en-US.pdf
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/epub/RPM_Guide/Fedora_Draft_Documentation-0.1-RPM_Guide-en-US.epub
- Signing Built RPMs
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/RPM_Guide/ch11s04.html

How to create an RPM package
- Create binary RPMS from the SPEC file
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package#Create_binary_RPMS_from_the_SPEC_file

> I was unaware of the existence of this rpm. I would not have bothered
> with mine then. (In any case, how do you find out where which rpm is?).
> You seem to be on top of everything wrt fedora, which always amazes me,
> even though I don't often follow all your cryptic responses. (The above
> is one of the longest responses I have seen from you in a while:-)
>
> Best wishes,
> Ranjan

It's not just building the package, but also an understanding of the
whole process and your eventual assistance to other colleagues related
to debugging. ;)

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/
Find Fedora's repos!
e.g.