Configuring grub questions

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 22:13:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have an old computer with two disks. One is a F18 system and the
other is a Win7 system. Both disks were installed and configured as
primary. I've been shutting down the system and switching the IDE
cables depending on which one I'd like to have booted.

How can I configure the grub on the F18 system so I can control which
system I'd like to load at boot time?

Could I set up the F18 system as a secondary disk with the Win7 system
as the primary, and boot from the secondary with grub configured on
it? I'm not sure how Win7 would respond to booting as a secondary disk
when the install was done as primary...

If this was lilo, I could probably figure it out, but I'm unsure how
to configure grub for this specifically.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex