systemd security?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 01:11:43 UTC 2014

Some random questions just occurred to me:

We have systemd growing like a fungus through the
entire system, controlling everything, and it uses
d-bus for all of its communication between parts.

A google search turns up a gazillion web pages
that talk about d-bus APIs for javascript.

So, does this mean people will soon (if not already)
be writing malicious web pages that use d-bus
and systemd to take over your system if you happen
to visit the page?

Or forget web pages. Will random users be able
to disrupt systems that use systemd by spewing
bazillions of d-bus messages in a denial of
service?

I'm just curious here, but I betcha there are
folks who are more than curious out there...