ssh/dhclient

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 06:44:58 UTC 2014

Got a test iisue/problem.

The situation is a group of test servers in a network that's managed
by an upstream DHCP server.

I have no control of the upstream DHCP allocation of IP addresses.

All the test servers (5) are running centos 6.5 as a test. (I know,
this is a fed channel, but the issues shoudl be the same!!)

The test boxes, run the nic/eth0.
The boxes run NetworkManager
All the boxes have the same /etc/resolv.conf
All the boxes can ping each other

All the boxes are on a subnet of 192.168.5.x

The issue I'm trying to track down, is that one box can't seem to
access the external 'net, ie ping www.google.com doesn't return, and
an actual test of ping 1.2.3.4 where the 1.2.3.4 is the actual ip of
google.com doesn't get processed.

I'm running/testing all of this remotely, so I was trying to see if
there's a way to change/force a new ipaddress for the box in question.
I'm curious to see if changing the ip on the box, will result in the
test ping working...

Thoughts/comments things to check??

Thanks