Disable NetworkManager

Adrian Sevcenco Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch
Mon Jan 27 15:35:50 UTC 2014

On 01/27/2014 05:23 PM, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'd want to disable NetworkManager, I've performed a minimal install and
> I don't need it, please could you help me?
>
> I've tried disabling using systemctl, but network.service does not set
> ip address.
so it seems that you do need it :)
(you could have 2 problems here: missing dhcp-client or NM_CONTROLLED=no
in the interface script)

i dont know your use case (thou in f20 it is advertised that it can work
with both bonding and bridging) but as is the case of systemd also the
NetworkManager it seems that is here to stay.
I would recommend to begin experiment with nmcli (the cli interface to
NM) in order to prepare for RHEL7. (i did, and after 1+ year of cursing
i am comfortable with both NM and systemd - thanks Fedora :) )

HTH,
Adrian