how to list packages installed from a particular repo

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 20:02:55 UTC 2014

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 20:48:49 +0100, Fernando Gozalo wrote:

> Hi
>
> > I was wondering if there is an easy way to list all the packages
> > installed on a F20 system from a particular repo.
>

> yum list | grep '@repo'

Not reliable, because it doesn't show the _current_ repo the package is
included in -- only the package that has been installed from. Example:

  $ yum list|grep libvorbis|head -3
  libvorbis.x86_64                       1:1.3.4-1.fc20            @updates-testing
  libvorbis.i686                         1:1.3.4-1.fc20            updates
  libvorbis-devel.i686                   1:1.3.4-1.fc20            updates

The package is no longer inside the updates-testing repo.