pdftk error (/usr/bin/build-classpath: Failed to set JAVACMD)

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Tue Jan 28 20:54:56 UTC 2014

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 15:40:33 -0500 Deepak Bhole <dbhole at redhat.com>
wrote:

> * Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> [2014-01-28 15:02]:
> > I have been having this error since this morning: I has no problems
> > last Thursday when I last used this so some update must have created
> > some problem somewhere.
> >
> > $ pdftk --nup 2x2 random.pdf
> > /usr/bin/build-classpath: Failed to set JAVACMD
> > Can't get ouput from /usr/bin/build-classpath itext bcprov bcmail
> > bctsp: Success
> >
> > What is going on? How do I fix this?
> >

> Hi,
>
> What does 'java -version' output?

I get:

$ java -version
bash: java: command not found
$ which java
bash: type: java: not found

But I do have the following installed:

Installed Packages
java-1.5.0-gcj.x86_64                   1.5.0.0-45.fc20
@fedora java-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64
1:1.7.0.60-2.4.4.1.fc20        @updates
java-1.7.0-openjdk-devel.x86_64         1:1.7.0.60-2.4.4.1.fc20
@updates java-1.7.0-openjdk-headless.x86_64
1:1.7.0.60-2.4.4.1.fc20        @updates
java_cup.noarch                         1:0.11a-15.fc20
@fedora javamail.noarch
1.5.0-6.fc20                   @fedora
javapackages-tools.noarch               3.4.1-1.fc20
installed

Many thanks,
Ranjan