DNF Doesn't Appear to Have --skip-broken

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jul 1 13:49:06 UTC 2014

On 07/01/14 21:01, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:04:16PM -0400, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>    Hi
>>    On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Stephen Morris  wrote:
>>
>>    Hi Rahul,
>>    Â Â Â  Thankyou for the link, do you know how up to date that
>>    information is? It says that   dnf update   and    dnf
>>    upgrade   do the same thing, but there is no    update Â
>>    parameter on dnf, and, it also says that   dnf upgrade   has
>>    the   --skip-broken  functionality built in by default, but it was
>>    a   dnf upgrade   that highlighted that dnf doesn't have that
>>    functionality.
>>
>>    It should be up2date.  If you notice any differences that are
>>    undocumented or documented incorrectly, that should be reported as a
>>    bug.  Also note that there are other differences including --best and
>>    the way the cache metadata is expired which might explain some of what
>>    you are seeing.
>>    Rahul
> Changing topic:
> what email clients are you guys using? I dunno if you can see it in the
> quoted stuff above, but on my Centos-6 system with Mutt, I see all those
> capital A letters with a tilde floating above it.
>
> My system's default charset is UTF-8.
>
> Does anyone know why I'd be seeing that? I see a LOT of them in recent
> months and wonder what has changed.

First off, Rahul seems to be sending messages/replies in multipart/alternative which means the same information/body is sent in text/plain and text/html.  It is up to the client to decide which to present to the end user.

In your case, the text/html portion is being rendered.  The actual MIME headers for that are....

And the  character you're seeing is the result of =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 in the quoted printable.

I'm using T-Bird and it seems the html is being rendered correctly.  So, mutt seems to have an issue with qp encoding
rendering.