postfix starting before network

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Tue Jul 1 20:13:05 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have no idea why this might be happening. I've looked at the systemd
control file for postfix and compared it to dovecot's. Both want the
network.target before starting.

The difference is that dovecot starts correctly. Postfix does not. The
problem has only appeared since Saturday, when I probably did a yum
update.

Postfix issues an error from one of the pre-commands having to do with
the aliases database saying its network interface (and it duly lists
the IPv4 address) doesn't exist. Starting postfix manually later
works.

Thanks!
--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>