Somewhat OT, but possibly useful to all Fedorites

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 3 06:36:17 UTC 2014

On 07/02/14 12:24, JD wrote:
> I have a 2.5" drive, 7200RPM and eSATA 3 (6gbps) drive.
>
> If I put it in an enclosure that is eSATA 2 (3gbps),
> how much impact does it have on the drive's performance
> using the various i/o throughput benchmarking apps,
> compared with if the enclosure supported 6gbps?
>
> (assume that that controller in the computer is indeed
> a 6gps esata3 controller).

you really should think about what you want to ask before you ask.

if a device is designed to operate at a level 3gbps, how can you
expect it to operate at twice it's designed speed.

a 6gbps drive connected to a 3gbps controller is not going to
have a 6gbps throughput.

all in all, nfw can you expect 6gbps.

you can 'assume' all you want.

if you want more specifics, be more specific as to specs.

also, just how can your post be useful to anyone?

fedorites ((GBWG)), or any one else?

btw, do you live in Colorado? i do not know what you were
smoking when you thought up this post, but it is way beyond
your mental being.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.