Somewhat OT, but possibly useful to all Fedorites

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 07:56:00 UTC 2014

On 3 July 2014 01:08, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 2:46 PM, poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 02.07.2014 19:24, JD wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a 2.5" drive, 7200RPM and eSATA 3 (6gbps) drive.
>>>
>>> If I put it in an enclosure that is eSATA 2 (3gbps),
>>> how much impact does it have on the drive's performance
>>> using the various i/o throughput benchmarking apps,
>>> compared with if the enclosure supported 6gbps?
>>>
>>> (assume that that controller in the computer is indeed
>>> a 6gps esata3 controller).
>>>

>> WTF, Fedorites!? :)
>> http://webmineral.com/data/Fedorite.shtml
>>
>> Links to spec:
>> - mobo
>> - hdd
>> - enclosure
>>

>> poma
>

> You have just violated the rules of this mailing list.
> Let this be a warning before you receive a formal reprimand.
>
> Fedorites is an old abreviation for fedora users.
> If it offends you, then cancel your subscription to this list.

Honestly, I thought it was funny (for once). Do Ubuntu users have a
mineral named after them? No.
Anyway, I was unsure if your first post was a question or "I've tested
this, anyone want to guess the answer?" The extra details are
relevant.
Lastly, you may just have violated the rules of this mailing list...

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk