Headless Google Cloud Print only works when started from ssh -Y

dexter dex.mbox at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 15:46:46 UTC 2014

On 3 July 2014 14:59, Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk> wrote:
> Apparently there is a problem with the current stable version
> google-chrome-stable-35.0.1916.153-1.x86_64
>
> I downloaded the current BETA and that's working as expected, works in a text
> only session and doesn't die when logging out.
>
> Now all I need is a systemctl system unit to start it up on system boot.  Does
> anyone have a suitable template I can use?
>
> Gary
> --
Errm, I wrote this some time ago so beware :-)
it starts my service after the network is up:

[16:37:00][dexter at BigIron:~]$ cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/noip.service
#
# dexter's noip service
#
[Unit]
Description=Noip Dynamic DNS Update Client,Keep your current IP address in sync
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
# drops to user/group noip after startup
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/noip2
ExecReload=/usr/sbin/noip2 -K `pidof noip2` && /usr/sbin/noip2

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

...dex