4K monitors?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jul 4 04:13:40 UTC 2014

Allegedly, on or about 03 July 2014, don fisher sent:
> I have a laptop that attach an external monitor to when I am at home.
> Until today, it always came up in single screen mode, duplicated on
> both monitors. I had a power failure, and now the system is treating
> them as two monitors side by side. I am an old timer an prefer the
> days of the xorg.conf setup. Any ideas on where the button for single
> screen is hidden

If you're using Gnome, there's a "displays" option in the system
settings set of configurators, or a "screen resolution" item in one of
the system menus, in it is a "mirror displays" option, which really
means both displays show the same as each other, rather than showing a
mirror (backwards) image.

Most of these things are easy to find if people just look at the menus.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.