4K monitors?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 16:42:14 UTC 2014

On Fri, 4 Jul 2014 11:30:56 -0500 (CDT)
Michael Hennebry wrote:

> Which binary file?

You have to install one in the firmware directory after
modifying it by hook or by crook.

You can read about it in the kernel docs EDID subdir
(yum install kernel-doc will stick a local copy
of the docs on your system in /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-*
directory).

On my system I have the kernel parameter:

drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=edid/zootyrgb.bin

and the file /usr/lib/firmware/edid/zootyrgb.bin
which I cobbled up using various edid dumping
tools, edid docs on wikipedia, and hexedit mode
in emacs :-). It is a modified edid from my
Samsung TV hacked to give actual dimensions
for the modes I use.