why do we use systemd?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 11:49:33 UTC 2014

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 12:00:21 +0100
Balint wrote:

> well, good explanation. I hope Linux will not become 'windows' because
> systemd will gain the 'power' above everything..... :D

Yea, I classify systemd as the very first "computer fungus".
It seems to want to grow over everything. It has already
consumed udev and ConsoleKit that I know of, and now
wants to drag in dbus (and integrate it with the kernel
for God's sake).

I figure it is only a matter of time before Lennart wants
some compiler feature to use in the source and drags
g++ into the systemd tree :-).