Network availability systemd dependency failure at boot

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 12:25:43 UTC 2014

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 08:13:45 -0400
Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Everything was always broken

I'm pretty sure everything was always broken.
I never had the combination of postfix, dovecot,
and stunnel operational more than about 10% of
the time with pure systemd.

I just took a more practical approach and made
an rc.local script that restarted services I found
not always coming up right after a short delay.
This sort of thing:

/bin/bash -c 'sleep 5 ; service stunnel restart' > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &
/bin/bash -c 'sleep 7 ; service postfix restart' > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &

That at least works up to the day systemd decides
no one needs rc.local and they drop support for
it (a day that is sure to come :-).