Network availability systemd dependency failure at boot

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat Jul 5 23:28:32 UTC 2014

Ed Greshko writes:

> > The server with dhcp, httpd, named, and privoxy does not have
> NetworkManager installed. Both the WAN and the LAN ports are configured as
> static IPs.
>
> You may want to try NetworkManager and wait-online.  WAN links can take time
> to become active.

NetworkManager does nothing for me, except to suck in another 16 packages it
depends on, that I don't need. The WAN link is a statically-routed IP
traffic. It's up as soon as the network interface brings up the link.

> I suppose the bottom line is I can't confirm your issue.  I've not made any
> changes to the default systemd config or service files.

Neither did I, yet it broke a week or so ago. And I can now see exactly
what's broken, and it was always a broken systemd configuration; except that
solely by the roll of the dice, it worked until recently.