why do we use systemd?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Jul 6 20:22:56 UTC 2014

On 07/06/2014 01:01 PM, David Benfell wrote:
> *What*, for example, is "the usual meaning" of "file system objects?" A
> file? Why not just say "file?" And if the documentation really means
> files or pipes or devices, then why not say "files or pipes or devices?"

I'm only guessing, but it looks to me like the documentation was written
by developers with poor writing skills, and approved by other developers
who knew what the first ones meant.  At no time was anybody consulted
who didn't already understand the subject matter completely.  One
wonders what would happen if somebody would open a bugzilla on the man
page claiming that it's impossible to understand, especially if there
were a number of comments by other "mere users" complaining about the
exact same thing.