OT: Creating a livecd with efi support using Fedora

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sun Jul 6 22:16:27 UTC 2014

Currently, I have a project that I build on Fedora systems that uses syslinux
to boot from CD or USB. I've only found stuff that mentions Ubuntu, Arch,
and some other distro on building EFI option, but even then it is talking about
patched versions. Lots of info on installing it to a hard disk, but I haven't
found any links that show how to add it to a boot CD?

Project currently using syslinux 5.10, but switching to 6.x also works fine,
have just been waiting for 6.03 to be releases since there are some issues
with 6.x that 6.03 is suppose to fully resolve. Have asked on the syslinux list,
but the responses point to other distro builds, and I would prefer to keep it
using Fedora.

Project can also boot fine from the grub system, but that only helps if
someone is already using a linux distro, and my project is disk imaging and
many people that use it have windows only systems.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     17245422.758397   |   SETI        28536788.165274
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    27481270.540938