why do we use systemd?

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Mon Jul 7 10:10:49 UTC 2014

Adrian Sevcenco writes:

> moreover you can separately configure a service without modifying the
> .service file (which usually is linked in /etc/systemd) :

Possibly my information is out of date. I thought you were to put such
service files in /etc/systemd/system and systemctl looks here first when
told to enable a service (which is to say, a service file in
/etc/systemd/system will supercede one in /usr/lib/systemd/system at the
time of an enable command).

I know that /etc/systemd/system continues to work. I've been using it.

--
David Benfell
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you do not understand the