yumex won't skip checking for updates

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jul 7 19:13:53 UTC 2014

On 07/07/2014 02:59 PM, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> On 07/07/14 20:28, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> In preferences I have unchecked 'autocheck for updates', but
>> everytime I start
>> yumex, it checks for updates.  Then I have to click on 'Available'
>> and wait
>> again as it does its think before I get the list of all apps so I can
>> search for
>> whatever I am looking for.  Quite a rather unpleasant experience.
>>
>> So how do I set yumex to skip checking for updates and just go to
>> what is
>> available?
>>

> Sorry. Didn't see that you already have unchecked. Don't know what to
> suggest. It works for me.

It has never worked for me.  Or maybe it did in the early days of yumex,
but definitely not F20 or F18.  Just got really frustrated with it this
time.

Yes I **KNOW** I have updates to apply.  I will get to it and I am
perfectly capable of running 'yum update' from a command line.  I use
yumex when I am looking for something, like recently about what might be
available as an amplifier program.