why do we use systemd?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Tue Jul 8 00:06:10 UTC 2014

Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> writes:

> BTW, I am a technical user (i.e. I'm more technically inclined than most
> people and less so than some), but I object to that being used as a
> crutch by people who don't take the trouble to write clearly. Writing
> clear documentation is just as hard as writing good code. The single
> most important factor in the early adoption of Unix (showing my age
> here) was the fact that everything was documented and the docs are for
> the most part models of clarity.

+1

Writing clear, good documentation is more difficult than writing good
code (at least it is for me).

Unfortunately, the quality of documentation has significantly declined
over the years, with very few exceptions, and users seem to have become
more clueless as well --- which is probably not surprising because
without good documentation and software being forced upon them, what
could they do.

--
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)