why do we use systemd?

Russell Miller duskglow at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 06:28:20 UTC 2014

Poma said:

>OK that's it!
>I sincerely recommend the moderators to close this shameful thread where
certain creatures are capable of spitting on >the systemd and its
developers without any remorse!

I think Greg had the right idea.  *plonk*.

To be frank, as I mentioned on another thread on another list, I think
systemd is the
"abomination of desolation" for Linux.  It's completely counter to
everything Linux and
UNIX is about, and it's an utter mess.  It's actually driving me, after
nearly 20 years messing
with Linux, to consider a BSD derivative.

But you... you're just being noisy, combative, and are polluting my
mailbox.  Have a nice day.

--Russell