Camera mounting

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Jul 8 23:54:19 UTC 2014

On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 15:48:46 +0300
jarmo <oh1mrr at nic.fi> wrote:

> Mon, 07 Jul 2014 17:55:46 -0700
> Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> kirjoitti:
>

> > I'm using F 19 with Xfce.  If I insert a flash drive, it's mounted
> > without asking for a password because that's what I told Xfce how I
> > wanted this handled.  The same thing goes for my mp3 player and
> > camera. For various reasons, I have a partition on my hard drive
>
> I'm usin XFCE also. But do the test. Cange your boot into multi-user
> (runlevel 3) and when logged in do startxfce4 and connect memorystick
> or your camera. To me happened, that every time asked me for root
> passwd to open.

I don't think startxfce4 can handle a change made in the kernel a while
back that disallows new sessions if you change vtys. I'm not sure it
would be worth the trouble to try and fix it as thats not ever really
been a very Fedora way to start a Xfce session.

Does it work as you expect with startx ?
(which was modified to take that change into effect).

kevin