[corrected!] Re: 5tFTW: DNF and Mailing List Wars, F21 Branch, FESCo Election, Python 3.5, and Docs Beats (2014-07-08)

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 09:36:06 UTC 2014

Hi Matthew,

A few questions:

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 09:41:21PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Thursday, DNF version 0.5.3 was announced, along with Core DNF
> Plugins 0.1.1, which contains a new protected_packages plugin. So,
> there we go.

I'm guessing this is equivalent to the protect-packages plugin for Yum?
I would like to know what is the status of not allowing a user to remove
the running kernel with `dnf remove kernel'.  Where can I find that?

Okay, while writing the email I found the release notes.  I guess the
problem is solved :).
<http://akozumpl.github.io/dnf-plugins-core/release_notes.html>

> That’s a dynamic we need to change. If something is really important
> and you feel that your view isn't counted, there are other channels by
> which issues can be raised — file a ticket with FESCo or the Fedora
> Project Board]FESCo], for example. Or, tell the FPL that you have a
> concern! Everyone *should* have a voice in Fedora, even though
> sometimes decisions have to be made even when not everyone agrees.
> Mailing list wars (even when the flames are smouldering rather than
> explosive) just aren’t the best way.

I'm a bit unclear on what such a ticket should say.  One's personal
perspective on the issue in contention, or a summary of mailing list
discussions (with all the flames and embers edited out, maybe with