why do we use systemd?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 03:20:47 UTC 2014

Hi

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 7:42 PM, lee  wrote:

> I made a bug report suggesting to fix their misunderstanding of what
> "disabled" means.  It would have been very easy to fix, but they
> declined.
>
> Why should I make any further bug reports about systemd when they don't
> want to even fix important things like this?

I would suggest that the misunderstanding is on your part instead as noted
in another reply.  However even if it weren't true,  we all get bug reports
closed from time to time with a resolution different from what we want.
The right approach in that case is to post to the list and try and build
consensus and provide strong arguments to make your case.  If people agree
with us, perhaps we can change the developers position but on the other
hand, if we fail to build that consensus, we just agree to disagree and
move on. If we take our balls and run home everytime someone disagrees with
us, we can never really participate in any open source project.

Rahul