why do we use systemd?

Balint Szigeti balint.szgt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:30:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-07-09 at 13:35 +0200, lee wrote:

> David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org> writes:
>
> > I guess the two questions I'm reaching for are:
> >
> > 1) Is systemd conceptually broken, just a really bad idea from the
> > start? Some people say yes, and some of them argue well.
>
> So far, I've seen only arguments that would support that systemd is a
> really bad idea because it's broken by design --- or should reasonably
> be designed differently.
>
> > 2) Or, is it just that systemd is buried underneath an avalanche of
> > horrendous documentation and poorly chosen terminology?
>
> You could look at the source to find an answer.  Perhaps it's great ---
> but I doubt it.

Seriously? Looking the source? Except developers who will dig in the
source code?
None user will dig the source code, they just will leave the
distribution or worse the all Linux area if
they can't solve their problem. I think, if the user can't find
solution, (s)he will accept it, but if there
will be too many, they just escape.