Cinnamon / tint2

Balint Szigeti balint.szgt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 12:11:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-07-08 at 15:58 +0200, Pal, Laszlo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In one of the previous update some clever guy made tint2 as dependency
> of Cinnamon... I don't know why, but it seems making my favourite
> environment much more unstable than earlier. At least handling the
> systray is a complete mess... how can I get rid of this tiny but
> annoying component?
>
> Thanks
> L:

I don't think so you can get rid of the tint2. This is the panel
'manager'. You won't have panels without it.
If the newest version cause bugs for you you may run 'yum history undo
<last transaction ID>'. Be aware it will probably roll-back lot's of
packages but then you can install the right ones again.
Or you can downgrade but the downgrade is from 4.x -> 3.x

more info
man rpm
man yum

Balint