making fc20 backup

Jackson Byers byersjab at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 22:21:42 UTC 2014

What I am still very uncertain :

how to handle, ie backup,
dirs like
/dev, /proc, /sys, /srv
/media, /run

In the past (f14,f16) I have muddled through these
somehow, but always felt I wasn't doing it quite correctly.

I recall some advice e.g., just create the dir,  /dev, but not its
contents.?
or,
Is it actually ok to do full update of all above dirs, including contents?
              What I am still very uncertain :

how to handle, ie backup,
dirs like
/dev, /proc, /sys, /srv
/media, /run

In the past (f14,f16) I have muddled through these
somehow, but always felt I wasn't doing it quite correctly.

I recall some advice e.g., just create the dir,  /dev, /proc,...
 but not the contents.
or,
Is it actually ok to do full update of all above dirs, including contents?

advice?