OT: Thunderbird spontaneously unsubscribing folders.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Jul 12 13:28:11 UTC 2014

On 12/07/14 17:41, poma wrote:
> On 12.07.2014 06:51, Rolf Turner wrote:
>> ***Is*** there anything that can be done about it?  If so, what?  Please
>> keep it simple and explicit, if you would be so kind.  I need a *recipe*
>> --- "Do this, and then this, and then this ...."  I understand a fair
>> bit of Linux jargon, but there is a *HUGE* amount that I don't
>> understand, so please phrase things in a way that a non-techie might be
>> able to follow.
>
> Looks like you're in a love affair with this list, however.
>
> In fact the only real help is on this page
> http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/services/it-essentials/help/ic-helpdesk
>
> Always try to contact the admins if there are problems.
> It is always good practice.

I have in the past not found the U. of Auckland IT people to be very
helpful.  They don't like the fact that I am using my own laptop on
which I have superuser privileges and am thus not under their complete
control.  Also they are Windoze oriented, with Ubuntu insisted upon if
one insists on running Linux.  Fedora is a no-no.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Rolf Turner