fix a broken gnome desktop ? [solved]

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Jul 12 18:55:02 UTC 2014

On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 04:21:06 +0930
Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Allegedly, on or about 12 July 2014, Mike Wright sent:
...snip...
> > Rhetorical question of the day: "Why are gnome3's hidden
> > directories named .gnome2 ?

I don't think it does.

gnome3 (along with most other applications and DE's have moved to the
xdg standard. So, config files are under .config/ and so on.

if you have .gnome2 directories I suspect they are leftover from a long
time ago and not used. Do you see anything updating files under there
anymore? Which ones?

> It's so tempting to make an disparaging comment about software
> developers, but instead I'll leave people to imagine their own
> insults.

How about we skip the insults, especially when the supposition isn't
likely even true.

kevin