Is this proof that systemd is completely broken?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Jul 12 20:12:16 UTC 2014

On 12 Jul 2014 21:52:22 +0200
Anders Wegge Keller <wegge at wegge.dk> wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> writes:
>
> > What would you suggest people do when they find a bug?  Reporting it
> > to the people who can fix it is very much more likely to get it
> > fixed or worked around than complaining about it in a place where no
> > one will fix it.
>
>  Seeing the recent reactions in this list, what's the difference?

I'm not following your logic here.

Given 2 ways of reacting to a bug:
A) complain about it on a users mailing list that few developers
follow.
B) report a bug on it that developers will see and be able to respond
to.

You are suggesting that because everyone did A and 0 people did B,
there's no difference between them? How can you tell if you dismiss the
second option?

>  I'm affected by a systemd bug, that I have no intention of
> reporting. My workaround takes me far less time, than getting through
> the endless layers of fanboys would.

Alright. Good luck.

kevin