Is this proof that systemd is completely broken?

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sat Jul 12 20:53:45 UTC 2014

On 12.07.2014, Anders Wegge Keller wrote:

>  C) Report a bug and be ignored, told to fsck off to someplace else,
>     and be ridiculed to boot.

I fully understand your reaction.

I reported a (quite different) bug with systemd and got zero
response. After some (longer) time, I finally got a reaction, which was a
single comment accusing me for using a "weird" system/configuration
(which was stock Fedora, by the way, and thus common for all Fedora
users which used this feature).

So next time I'll use my time to workaround future bugs or finding any
other solution on my own rather than writing bug reports. And it's not
accusing me for using a weird system which is the main cause, but
the ignorance to even try to understand or to look deeper. My report
wasn't worth it, obviously. After all, it's free software without any
guarantee. A short message saying "Well, I see, but unfortunately I've
not the time to look at this any further" or something similar would
have been quite ok for me.