Is this proof that systemd is completely broken?

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 04:56:03 UTC 2014

On 14.07.2014 02:49, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 20:37:40 -0400
> Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
>
>> poma writes:
>>
>>> Besides why would anyone spend valuable time on outdated network
>>> scripts on top of something called
>>> http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man8/systemd-networkd.8.html
>>
>> yum is unable to find this package. As such, even if it's the
>> greatest thing since sliced bread, it means nothing as far as Fedora
>> is concerned.
>
> It's in f21/rawhide.
>
> kevin

Besides it's not the package per se,
$ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-networkd
systemd-215-4.git3864c28.20140711.fc21.x86_64

Even though it is not offered as part of the official Fedora stable repo, it is still very possible.
I successfully tested it, not only within Fedora 20, and not only this particular version.
And not only this particular package. :)
OK Sam?

poma