wanted: performance laptop, no windoze tax

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 18:23:35 UTC 2014

On 07/16/2014 02:15 PM, Ben wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com
> <mailto:ndbecker2 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     What are some recommendations for a relatively high performance
>     laptop that
>     works well on linux, and without paying windoze tax?
>

> Surprised no one has mentioned zareason.com <http://zareason.com>. I
> haven't bought one from them yet, but I'm sooooo tempted ...
>
> Regards,
> Ben

ZaReason won't say whether their laptop models go up to 1920 x 1080p on
screen resolution. Every laptop I have seen on the market today ls
limited to 1364 x 768 resolution. I call that "half-def." Until a laptop
delivers "full-def," it will never replace a desktop.

I like the idea that I can order this maching with Fedora installed at
the factory. The only thing is: I've fallen in love with KDE. They won't
tell me whether they restrict their pre-installation to Gnome.

Temlakos