hbk file

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Thu Jul 17 22:06:28 UTC 2014

On 07/17/2014 11:37 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 07/17/2014 01:07 PM, Kostas  Sfakiotakis wrote:
 >>
 >> Just tried nano and it didn't worked as the ,hbk file isn't a text
 >> file . Any recommendations for hex editors ???
 >
 > A little research told me that mcedit, the text editor that midnight
 > commander uses, has a text mode.
 >
 > yum install mc
 >
 > Will get you the entire package.  If you've ever used Norton
 > Commander or the old DOS program List, this will be very familiar,
 > and mcedit can be run in stand-alone mode.

Well of course i have used Norton Commander in the early '90s if i
recall correctly , the opposite
would be quite odd and Midnight Commander rings a bell but i don't
remember exactly, if i recall
it was something like Norton Commander ( i really loved that program ,
if i recall it belonged to the
good old times of Peter Norton Computing ) .