Taking the BTRFS plunge

J.Witvliet at mindef.nl J.Witvliet at mindef.nl
Fri Jul 18 08:43:56 UTC 2014

FYI, i'm using BTRFS for over a year,
Even though it is not a fedora machine, the upstream code remains the same I guess.
I don't use advanced features of btrfs, (I stil use lvm on top of softraid) but it has proven for me (in this order)
- reliable enough (never data loss, even after power incidents)
- fast enough
- less overhead compared with others F.S.
- less restrictions

Only thing I noticed, is that you get reduced performance when you let a run-away root-process/root-user fill a filesystem upto 100%
(I once forgot to set the user-id on a rsync-job from cron ;-)

Hans