wanted: performance laptop, no windoze tax

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 20 08:36:57 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-07-17 at 15:22 -0700, Lists wrote:
> I buy laptop with Windows, then buy a second SSD for Linux. When I
> want to play a game or take advantage of support, I use the Windows
> drive. When I want to get work done, I swap and use the Linux HDD.
> Just make sure the laptop has an externally accessible drive bay.

You might want to check the specs on the connector.  For instance,
ordinary SATA connectors are often only rated to survive about fifty
unplug/plug cycles.  They're designed to let you build a system, and do
a small amount of fiddling around (debug something, upgrade a drive),
not endlessly change things around.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.14.8-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Mon Jun 16 22:36:56 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.