wanted: performance laptop, no windoze tax

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 08:46:51 UTC 2014

On 19.07.2014 09:52, g wrote:

> On 07/19/2014 01:05 PM, poma wrote:
>> On 18.07.2014 15:32, g wrote:
>>>

>>> On 07/17/2014 02:41 PM, poma wrote:
>>> <<>>

>>> "flagrantly overpriced" is flagrantly understated.
>>>

>> There is no better recommendation than their own effort, right g-man? :)
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clevo
>
> i would tend to agree, with one exception. they state;
>
>      Best-selling models powered by the latest computing technology.
>
> in as much as fact that i consider the os as a part of 'power', they
> lose out because they supply systems with oos.
>
> if they offered linux os, that would up power factor by 200%. ;-)

If you expect the full support whatever that means you better go with the company like System76 and similar, see http://linuxpreloaded.com.
But it will cost you extra, and the "extra" I'd rather left to the users themselves to study the hardware components and everything related to it, and to build their own machine from bottom to top i.e. barebone, see e.g. http://goo.gl/gMImde.
After all we are dealing with the Linux, right. I also understand the different user preferences, so go ye therefore, and be fruitful.
"Power" is just a marketing buzzword, too much saké or something, I guess.

poma