Figuring out a headless server's zeroconf addr

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 22 04:16:13 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-07-21 at 12:34 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I have considerable routing and addressing knowledge.  Besides being
> one of the authors of rfc 1918, and worked on CIDR, here at IETF I
> contribute to ipv6ops and ipv6man.

Sorry, didn't mean to impune you, but I don't remember who's done what,
so I just took the easy route of asking the obvious question.

The other thing that occurred to me, much later, was zeroconf probably
requires broadcasting to be allowed through the firewall, so that
clients can announce themselves, and the rest can notice their arrival.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.14.8-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Mon Jun 16 22:36:56 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.