systemd config files???

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Jul 22 13:03:39 UTC 2014

On 07/22/2014 02:42 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> Whether this is FSH-compliant or not, I don't know. Some people say it
> is, some people say it is not, most of the people don't really care. :-)

The difference is:
Files outside of /etc are not supposed to modified by users or admins.

I.e. shipping "config-files" out-side of /etc is compliant to the FHS if
they can be overriden else where below /etc.

In that sense files below /usr aren't user/admin-config files, they are
package/application defaults.

A package, which does not provide a means to override configuration
files from below /etc, or requires users to modify files below /usr is
broken by design.

Ralf