kindof fixed - Re: vnc not into gnome but Xfce but still not working

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Wed Jul 23 14:36:23 UTC 2014

On 23 Jul 2014 at 9:49, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Date sent:      	Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:49:33 -0400
From:           	Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com>
To:             	Community support for Fedora users
<users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Subject:        	Re: kindof fixed - Re: vnc not into gnome but Xfce but still
not
	working
Send reply to:  	Community support for Fedora users
<users at lists.fedoraproject.org>

> On 07/23/2014 07:40 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > On 07/23/14 19:34, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> >> So I just cp your xstartup to my system and it works now. thanks.
> >>
> >> So what is wrong with the default script? I am assuming I need to
> >> file a bug report on it.
> > Nothing is wrong with the default script.
> >
> > if [ -x /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc ]; then
> > exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
> > fi
> >
> > [egreshko at f20f ~]$ file /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
> > /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc: POSIX shell script, ASCII text executable
> Fine.  then why switching to Michael Setzer's xstartup result in vnc
> working?
>
> The default did not work.  His does.  why?

The default I believe is setup for gnome desktop, whereas mine has the two
modifications for using xfce. Don't know what it would take to make a
modified version that would work with either, or if nothing else just have the
lines in the script and have instructions to comment out the ones that don't
apply to the setup.

Haven't setup the vnc with KDE, so don't know if it works that way as well
with the default or if it needs a third option.

> --

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     17941584.881866   |   SETI        29593668.378551
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    28547237.391636