Claws mail and SSL certificates

Anders Wegge Keller wegge at wegge.dk
Thu Jul 24 05:43:19 UTC 2014

 When acessing my mail, news or whatever from Claws Mail, I invariably
get at message, telling that the SSL certificate is unknown. However,
connecting to the same server with

 openssl s_client -connect rollo.jernurt.dk:993 -verify 5

 results in a complete verification of the certificate chain, ending
with the root CA. The root ca is include in ca-certificates, so I
would expect Claws to check there, rather than bothering me with
accepting the same certificate over and over again. I cannot see any
obvious way to tell claws where to look for root certificates, so I'm
not sure if this is an intended (mis)feature, or it's a bug.

--
/Wegge

Leder efter redundant peering af dk.*,linux.debian.*