VM not accepted by NFS server -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jul 24 15:45:51 UTC 2014

On 07/24/14 11:33, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> said:
>> However the VM shows 192.168.122.14, what is that, how would I deal
>> with it with the present net assignments, I have a ton of devices
>> assigned by dhcp as it is? Obviously things are happening that I
>> haven't seen before and don't understand.
> 192.168.122.0/24 is what libvirtd sets up by default as a local-only
> network that is NATted to the host system's IP for network access.  Does
> your host system have access to the desired NFS share?

Yes, I think everything does.

> Alternantely, you can configure libvirtd to just bridge your host's
> network interface to the VM, so that the VM has the same network access
> as any physical host on the local LAN (it would get an address from your
> LAN's DHCP, not the private libvirtd-configured DHCP server).

Ok, then if that is the case it should just work. Everything in the
house is assigned in the range 192.168.1.0/24.

I have had the NFS running without a hitch for more than a year,
routinely keep data on it, others on the LAN can access the freenas
server. It all works and now it appears the VM is working also.

Thanks for the help,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD