Problem with GNUstep on Fedora 20?

Edwin Ancaer eancaer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 04:57:40 UTC 2014

Hello,

I found no gnustep mailing list on fedora, so I posted this mail here. I
have run into an issue with GNUstep on fedora 20.

I had gnustep installed from the latest sources in Fedorac19, and
everything worked fine. After moving from fedora 19 to 20, when executing
some programs, they linked to a wrong version of libpng, so I recompiled my
GNUstep programs. Everything seems to work fine but when scrolling up/down
or left/right I get the text smeared out in the scrolling area (see
attached screenshot).

On the gnustep mailing list, it was suggested that I had some remainders of
an old install (since this scrolling problem was known, but supposed to be
solved a while ago), or GNUstep had issues with the libcairo version that
was used in Fedora.

To exclude the libcairo issue, I am looking to someone who recently
recompiled the latest version of GNUstep under fedora 20?

I noticed there were rpm‘s for gnustep, but it looks like are based on an
older version of GNUstep.

Thanks in advance

Edwin Ancaer