PWM fan speed too high

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Fri Jul 25 08:04:31 UTC 2014

On 24.07.2014, Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:

> But I can refrain from trying a kernel recompile which I last
> did a decade or so ago (although, as far as I can remember, this is not such
> a kind of rocket science as one might guess from the recent thread on "new
> kernel & rebooting").

This would be a perfect chance to update your kernel skills :-)
The offending patch (as suggested here; I don't have any nvidia
graphics and thus can't verify the effect) reverts cleanly from latest
-stable ("cat patch.diff -p1 -R")

http://tinyurl.com/mz4vsr8

I guess the Fedora kernel .src.rpm compiles just fine doing a
"rpmbuild -bb" on the .spec file. So this should not be of any
problem.

> So I'll wait until a clever patch finds its way into the (Fedora-)kernel.
> Meanwhile I stick to the 3.14-kernel.

According to git, 3.14 has been released 30 mar 2014. The offending
patch has been committed 26 mar 2014..