PWM fan speed too high

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Fri Jul 25 19:15:25 UTC 2014

On 25.07.2014, Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:

> What an effort in time and disk space just to change a few bytes of code!

It takes no time when you already have a complete kernel tree :-)
You can just apply the patch, type "make" and your're
done within a minute.

Otherwise, if you plan to recompile a few times more, setting up
ccache could be a good idea.

https://ccache.samba.org/

> But I finally succeeded in building and installing a (reversely) patched
> kernel package: kernel-3.15.6-200.fan.fc20.x86_64, with the hopefully
> expected result.

Well done!

Unfortunately, I have no nvidia graphics to test your work. But I'm
shure the ones with problems here in this thread will give you
some feedback.