How to save/export a VM? -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Jul 25 20:50:03 UTC 2014

On 07/25/14 15:43, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:22:02 -0400
> Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>
>> Is this the image file you're talking about?
>>
>> <source file='/var/lib/libvirt/images/Centos7.qcow2'/>
> Yep. The name just depends on which version of libvirt
> created it. Very old ones tend to be named .img, with
> newer versions it gives a different suffix depending on
> what kind of file it created.

Sure enough, that worked, I have a duplicate of Centos7 in the VM on
this box10 in the VM in box7 now. I think I did as you suggested but in
the end I told it to import the Centos7.qcow2 file, it churned slowly
and gradually produced an exact copy, hopefully it will all work on a
reboot ...

That file was huge, I didn't check the size and just sent it to my NFS
server before sending it to box7, 10+ gigs, it took time but I've got my
XFCE4 desktop configured as I want it, no fuss no muss!

Another hurdle overcome, thanks to all,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD